1. Breathe - Deep breaths, breathing exercises, as well as having an awareness of your breathing pattern, allows you to be present in the moments to come.
2. Movement - Stretching and moving the body allows you to combat the feeling of being stuck or paralyzed. Movement will allow you to become more relaxed and not so tight and tense for your scene!
3. Visualization / Meditation - This may take some forethought, but even 10 minutes of meditation before your scene can change your entire mindset. Imagine yourself doing the performance and it all going well, really see it and embrace it, your best performance is within you, you just have to truly believe that it’s there!
4. Relaxation techniques - There are several forms out there, test a few of them out beforehand and nail down what works for you!
5. Focusing on your partner - When in a scene or even an audition, focus on your scene partner or the reader, really connect, it gets you out of your own head when you focus on others!
6. Observation - Absorb your surroundings, allow your mind to focus on the details of the waiting room or the people in it before an audition. Rather than rehearse over and over, trust that you know and you’re ready. Get yourself out of your own head and let your preparation do the rest!
7. Smile at someone - It relieves stress. Do it even if you don’t feel like it. Research has proven that there is something to “fake it till you make it”, just the act of smiling can change your mood.
8. Trust and have faith - Remember that you do this because you love it, so do it for you and no one else. Trusting yourself and your talent can be one of the most valuable weapons to killing your scene!
9. Gratitude - take a moment to be grateful for the opportunity to do what you love. have fun! We don’t always have those opportunities, and they may not always be there, so let yourself enjoy the moment!
10. Perspective - Let go, and remember it’s not brain surgery! Plan to have somewhere to be afterwards so you don’t make this “moment” the most important moment of your life, but just another moment that is raising you to be the best you can be! If one or all of these helped, don’t keep it to yourself! Please share this blog, visit our website
(www.awardwinningreels.com) and follow us on our other social media outlets to receive more
tricks to succeed in the entertainment industry!